Are you interested in cutting your hair at Go Green Salon for a donation, but aren’t sure how it works? Here are the basics!
- We request 10” minimum hair length although we will take as short as 7 inches to make a boy's wig or a short wig for a girl (from top of ponytail to end).
- Hair needs to be clean, and thoroughly dry. Please bundle hair in a ponytail or braid before having it cut. After securing the hair, have it cut 1 inch ABOVE the rubber band to keep the strands bundled together - this is inclusive of the 10 inches.
- Layered hair is acceptable and may be divided into multiple ponytails and then cut.
- Hair may not be colored or chemically treated. Hair should not be more than 10% gray.
- You may pull curly hair straight to measure the minimum 10”.
- We gratefully accept hair from all ages and all countries. The majority of our hair donations come from children helping other children.
- Hair that was cut more than 2 years ago or swept off the floor is not usable.
- We accept NEW human or synthetic wigs and extensions.
- You can get your hair cut in the Go Green Salon and it will be donated to our charity of choice, Maggie’s Wigs 4 Kids of Michigan.
- Pricing for this service starts at $40 and increases depending on the length.
If you have any other questions or concerns, please call the salon at 586-772-6656.